February 26, 2017

A Little Less Could Mean a Little More

Hello all! Happy Sunday! I hope wherever you are you have as much sunshine as I do right now!

My weekend was filled with homework, studying, Netflix, Little Caesars, and of course polo. Sounds like fun right? Well, it was!

One thing that college really teaches you is time management. You try to do everything from keeping good grades, to joining every club possible, and maybe try to throw a job in there as well. It's quite a hard task to be honest. I remember I was complaining about being super busy to my mom and she said "well that's what college is about!" How I hate to tell her this, but she was right.

I think as equestrians we really have a unique experience with time management. When you're working with a young horse you really can't plan what you are going to do. You have to have a start of course, but most of the time it ends in a totally different direction. For this reason, we must be really good at managing our time. Knowing when to push a little more or when to just stop and pick up with the next challenge another day.

The same goes for college and every other time. Sometimes you can't do it all and realizing that taking a step back might be the best option.

So I hope you all time manage well this week whether it's with your horse or just your everyday life!

With love,
The Modern Equestrian

1 comment:

  1. I try to remind myself every hour to take a deep breathe...hold it in...then release it very slowly! It helps get through the day! Love this!

    ReplyDelete